Under the Arkansas Public School Choice Act of 2015, students in kindergarten (K) through grade twelve (12) who reside in other districts may be eligible to attend school in the Conway County School District (SCCSD). School Choice applications must be submitted to the nonresident district by no later than May 1 of the year in which the student seeks to begin the fall semester. Upon receipt of the application, the nonresident district notifies the resident district of the filing of the application. By July 1, the nonresident district superintendent notifies the parent/guardian and the resident district in writing as to whether the student’s application has been accepted or rejected.
Except as otherwise required or permitted by law, the responsibility for transportation of any nonresident student admitted to a school in the South Conway Country School District must be borne by the student or the student’s parents.
The Public School Choice application deadline for consideration to begin the fall semester is May 1.
Click HERE for the Public School Choice application.*
- Complete the Public School Choice application.
- Drop off in person or mail the application to the SCCSD Administrative Offices (100 Baramore Street, Morrilton, AR 72110).
- Applications must be received or postmarked by May 1 of the year in which the student seeks to begin the fall semester.
- By July 1, SCCSD will contact you and the district where you live, indicating whether your application has been accepted.
*Please note: A transfer student who continues enrollment in the nonresident district under School Choice may complete all remaining school years at the nonresident district. It is not necessary to reapply for School Choice as long as the transfer student has had no break in attendance. However, if a transfer student returns to his/her resident district, the student's transfer is voided, and the student must reapply if he/she seeks a future school choice transfer.
Arkansas Department of Education
For more information, contact the South Conwy County Schools Administrative Offices at 501-354-4000.
2. Petitions for Transfer of Students (also known as Board-to-Board Transfers)
Pursuant to A.C.A. § 6-18-316, upon the petition of a student residing in one school district (the resident district) to transfer to another school district (the receiving district), the board of directors of the resident district may enter into an agreement with the board of directors of the receiving district transferring the student to the receiving district for purposes of education. Except as otherwise required or permitted by law, the responsibility for transportation of any nonresident student admitted to a school in this District shall be borne by the student or the student’s parents.
It is the policy of the SCCSD Board to review and accept or reject Petitions for Transfer:
- Into the District on a case-by-case basis at the next regularly scheduled school board meeting after the petition is submitted to the District for consideration.
- Out of the District on a case-by-case basis at the next regularly scheduled school board meeting after the petition is submitted to the District for consideration.
The District may reject a nonresident’s application for admission if its acceptance would necessitate the addition of staff or classrooms, exceed the capacity of a program, class or grade level, or school building, or cause the District to provide educational services not currently provided in the affected school. The District shall reject applications that would cause it to be out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding desegregation.
- Complete the Petition for Transfer of Students application.
- Drop off in person or mail the application to BOTH the resident district and to the receiving district.
- After the petition is submitted, petitions for transfer into or out of the District will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
Parents/Guardians will be notified by the receiving district once both boards have acted upon the application.